Advanced Video Engineer III - Core Video Operations
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance
the company's video encoding (Linear and STVA/OTT) systems. This a
multi-tier design/development & support role that interacts with
Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and
Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible
for setting the technical architecture and development direction
across a set of internal business applications, leading cross
functional technical development teams, delivering business
critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the
operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and
ensuring all team targets are met as advised by Video Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for testing new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Construct test plans to validate functional, performance, and
business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for
video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical
guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement development standards, policies, and
- Understand and define technical roadmap within Video Operations
to ensure sound technical solutions.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered
according to schedule.
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including
audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design
flaws.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years network engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within an MSO
- Minimum three (3) years of video signal acquisition
- Minimum three (3) years of project management
experienceADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Video encoding, transcoding/encoding,
multiplexing, and modulation and acquisition, using such equipment
as: MediaKind AVP2 & 4K, Muse, SPR & C2, Harmonic Prostream, Ion,
Electra X2, 8K and XOS, Ateme Titan, Imagine Selenio and Selenio
Flex, RGB VSG, Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs,
BNPs, APEX1k-3k, IRDs and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264,
HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby
Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP multicast, API, (BASH), VOD, IPTV, cloud
encoding, packaging for live streaming (HLS).
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris
(DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including
Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI,
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Arvada , Advanced Video Engineer III - Core Video Operations, Engineering , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!