Network Engineer III - DOCSIS Capacity
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Responsible for implementation of network architecture, designs and
automation for all DOCSIS teams. Working to help build SDN /
Network orchestration / Telemetry solutions. Improve Deployment,
Capacity and Support capabilities for CMTS & PON based
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on projects/systems / issues of medium to high complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations. Evaluates new products, performs
network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and
implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for
- Required to Assist D&E Engineers with review and create
technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support
operational guidelines, as well as Documentation and IG creation.
(Maintaining Format Standards)
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member,
occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisorBASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years network engineering experience with TCP
/ IP networking / IP sub netting
- Minimum three (3) years experience with Cisco and/or
- Minimum three (3) years of data network experienceADDITIONAL
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical
- Competent knowledge (helpful not a must) of related industry
specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single
mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and
Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- Experience in using ticketing and software tools to support the
current operations, and basic network devices and basic network
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace team environment
and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Must be able, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional mannerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the following; Java / Perl / PHP / Python / C /
C++ / SQL / Regex, MongoDB / MySQL / - IP Addressing & Sub-netting
/ CLI / SNMP
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Arvada , Network Engineer III - DOCSIS Capacity, Engineering , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!