Senior Satellite RF Engineer
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Satellite RF
Engineer working on satellite systems to join our team located in
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support mission, system and operational concept development for
satellite missions, encompassing space, ground and operational
- Function as the technical lead of the RF/Communication group,
functioning as a mentor to junior level RF engineers
- Work with customers and suppliers, internal and external, to
develop and define RF subsystem (space and ground)
- Support all phases of customer programmatic reviews including:
System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical
Design Review, Pre-Ship Review
- Oversee and perform as required the detailed design,
development, analysis, production, and test of satellite RF
subsystems and EMI/EMC analysis for both product development and
flight program execution. This may include the design and build of
custom RF subsystems.
- Actively participate in system level design of satellite
systems across all project phases, through subsystem architectural
design and hardware development.
- Apply system engineering principles to the selection of RF
subsystems as part of satellite concept and design
- Perform testing and fault diagnosis of equipment, subsystems
and systems, including record-keeping and the generation of
documentation and test plans, procedures and results.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date document set for RF
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve
- Prepare technical responses to bids, presentation materials and
reports, for a variety of applications and customers.
- Support and actively participate in customer and supplier
meetings and presentations at all project stages.
- Liaise with customer and supplier staff, and staff from other
parts of GA.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows;
fifteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree,
thirteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or ten
or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering
experience in lieu of education.
- Knowledge of writing RF/Communication Control Plans, Test
Procedures, Test Plans and Test Reports
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
- Previous experience handling and testing satellite flight
hardware, including a demonstrated ability to test and troubleshoot
- Understanding of small satellite design and practices
- Familiarity with Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
regulations for satellite systems (space and ground).
- Knowledge of S-band, X-band and Ka-band systems and designs
essential; other bands highly desirable.
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI analysis and design considerations
- Familiarity with all aspects of the satellite system life
cycle, including spacecraft level environmental testing, launch,
- Understanding of clean room compliance and safe working
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately and organize work assignments to meet
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation,
and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to
work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and be flexible
and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads.Each job has a
salary range which identifies the minimum, midpoint (market) and
maximum base pay for the job. Pay rates are established based on
the individual's knowledge, skill, experience and
education/training needed to perform the job.
Keywords: General Atomics, Arvada , Senior Satellite RF Engineer, Engineering , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!