RN NICU Nights
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Facility: UCHealth Anschutz Medical Campus (Aurora, CO)
Department: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Associates Degree in Nursing is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of
every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the
extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest
and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the
commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients
and their families. We foster a true human connection and give
people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at
UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Provides direct patient care, at a proficient level, using the
nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards
of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the
- Provides complex neonatal care in a 55-bed Level III Neonatal
- Attends high risk deliveries for infants as early as 22 weeks
- Prioritizes patient care amongst multiple acutely / critical
ill patients from admission through discharge.
- Cares for neonates on room air, low flow nasal cannula, high
flow nasal cannula, Infant Flow Driver CPAP, Bubble CPAP, SiPAP,
standard ventilators, and high frequency ventilators.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans based on
patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to
coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge,
referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient caregivers and provides
education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
- Partners with the unit's Clinical Nurse Educator to precept
student nurses and new hires as needed.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal
supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and
take appropriate action.
- Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved
Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years'
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- BLS - BLS through the American Heart Association or the
American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card
in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through
sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be
issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red
Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the
Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will
need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned
- 6 months of Women and Infants nursing (RN) experience or
completion of the UCHealth Fellowship program.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Experience
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit to find out about our exciting New
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent,
integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for
individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is
ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is
easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can
find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,
we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a
meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and
perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our
institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on
valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in
any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be
discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed,
color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental
or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth
does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a
disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an
undue hardship on the organization.
The pay range for this position is: $31.50 - $48.83 / hour. Pay is
dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's
contributions to our success in quality, patient experience,
organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth.
The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in
October following completion of five years' employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive
total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b)
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional
buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5-year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft
protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to
be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by
UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also
qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of
tuition reimbursement each calendar year
- UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public
Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
- UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the
PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness
Keywords: UCHealth, Arvada , RN NICU Nights, Healthcare , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!