Registered Nurse - Capable - Med Surg
Company: VNA Colorado
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Registered Nurse - CapableColorado Visiting Nurse Association
has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse - Capable.
LOCATION: North West, West Metro
SCHEDULE: Varies, Monday-Friday
RATES: Per Visit Rates
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY: Based on position, schedule and/or availability:
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: Sixty-two and a half cents per
mile - one of the highest in the industry!
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
* We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for
our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive
and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all
team members feel respected and valued.
* We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team
members with two, free, confidential and robust benefit programs
designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial
problems that arise in life.
* Low healthcare premiums: no increases in five out of the last
seven years, including 2023
* Employer pays over 90% of employee medical premium in some
* Health Savings Account (HSA) with significant Employer Funding:
Single $1,000, Family $2,000
* Healthcare Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month
following date of hire
* Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB
(Extended Illness Bank): accrued
* Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
* 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of
* Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
* Career & Logo wear
* Company-Paid Costco Membership
* Education Reimbursement Program
* Clinical Career Ladders
* Certification Pay
* Generous Discover-a-Star Team Member Referral Program
* Robust Team Member Service Awards
* Early Wage Access
* Legal and Identity Protection
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides client care using registered nursing skills and processes
in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice,
keeping within the policies, values, and mission of the
organization. Upon completion of required training through the
CAPABLE National Center, conducts a semi-structured in-home client
interview to identify and prioritize problem areas.
* Provides initial and ongoing assessments and implements
strategies including Motivational Interviewing techniques to
conduct a semi-structured client interview to identify and
prioritize problem areas.
* Capture the goals of the participant in up to 3 Action Plans
which are developed and implemented.
* Engage clients in problem-solving to identify behavior and
environmental contributors that may impact function. Coach and
guide the individual in building self-efficacy and confidence.
* Reinforce brainstorming techniques, strategic thinking, and more
independent problem-solving to promote the ability to live at home
and in the community.
* Address education and resources to address future needs.
* Collaborates across disciplines involved with care of the client,
including but not limited to the CAPABLE OT and primary care
providers as needed.
* Participates in related services, such as community education,
team training, staff/board committees and orientation of
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
* Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
* Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in
hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health,
oncology, acute care or home health.
* Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado
state driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
* Current CPR certification.
* Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 35 lbs.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is affiliated with Care
Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and
palliative care organizations serving Colorado's Front Range and
the Region's Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care
Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better
equip Colorado Visiting Nurse Association to operate as a distinct
and independent organization while working together to share best
practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
If you need assistance completing the electronic application please
contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the Human
Resources Department at (303) 228-5647. Applications can be
completed in-person at any one of our affiliate office
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities
or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed,
ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on
any of these protected classifications.
Keywords: VNA Colorado, Arvada , Registered Nurse - Capable - Med Surg, Healthcare , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!