Medical Foot Nurse - Med Surg
Company: VNA Colorado
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Medical Foot NurseColorado Visiting Nurse Association has an
immediate opening for a Medical Foot Nurse.
Location: Arvada, CO
Schedule: Day Shift, Mon-Fri 8a-5p
Per Visit Rate Model: $80K - $100K (full-time annual)
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability:
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: Sixty-two and a half cents per
mile - one of the highest in the industry!
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
* We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters for
our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming, supportive
and inclusive care to our patients and a work environment where all
team members feel respected and valued.
* We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team
members with two, free, confidential and robust benefit programs
designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial
problems that arise in life.
* Low healthcare premiums: no increases in five out of the last
seven years, including 2023
* Employer pays over 90% of employee medical premium in some
* Health Savings Account (HSA) with significant Employer Funding:
Single $1,000, Family $2,000
* Healthcare Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month
following date of hire
* Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB
(Extended Illness Bank): accrued
* Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
* 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8% of
* Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
* Company-Paid Costco Membership
* Education Reimbursement Program
* Clinical Career Ladders
* Certification Pay
* Generous Discover-a-Star Team Member Referral Program
* Robust Team Member Service Awards
* Early Wage Access
* Legal and Identity Protection
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in
accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping
within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN
is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
* Serves as an educator for quality home-based, routine foot
* Assists with orientation of new staff; assessing staff skills for
provision of care and communicating evaluation to clinical manager;
assesses appropriateness of home-based routine foot care for
patients and/or issues of concern.
* Implements a comprehensive infection control program.
* Provides excellent home-based, routine foot care.
* Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients
(neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC).
Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve
goals of care.
* Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care;
participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
* Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating
with attending provider for medications and supplies.
* Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding
hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if
* Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks
per agency policy.
* Participates in related services, such as community education,
team training, staff/board committees and orientation of
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO LOVE ABOUT YOU:
* Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
* Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in
hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health,
oncology, acute care or home health.
* Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado
state driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
* Current CPR certification. CPR must be provided and/or obtained
within 14 days of hire.
* Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association is affiliated with Care
Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and
palliative care organizations serving Colorado's Front Range and
the Region's Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care
Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better
equip Colorado Visiting Nurse Association to operate as a distinct
and independent organization while working together to share best
practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
If you need assistance completing the electronic application please
contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at
email@example.com. You may also call the Human
Resources Department at (303) 228-5647. Applications can be
completed in-person at any one of our affiliate office
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities
or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed,
ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on
any of these protected classifications.
Keywords: VNA Colorado, Arvada , Medical Foot Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!