Software Engineer - Now Hiring
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Department SummaryDISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than
$13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the
communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness
to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We
disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the
DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S.
corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest
pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live,
internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional
pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and
watch television.Now we have our sights set on upending the
wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent
carriers.We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire
to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless
energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join
our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.Opportunity
is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking
a Software Engineer for our Cheyenne, WY or Superior, CO office.
Our team works closely with engineering and technical broadcast
teams to learn their business, and with that knowledge, we create
or enhance software systems that empower those teams. The software
we provide is focused on the real-time monitoring of over 6000 TV
channels and the systems involved in producing and delivering a DVB
television service. As a teammate on our agile software team, you
will participate in the design, creation, and support of these
systems. Examples of our systems include:
- The validation of 600 MPEG transport streams, including bit
rate, CC errors, and other content issues.
- The remote monitoring of the RF satellite transports.
- The acquisition of our broadcast TV channels and its transport
to remote monitoring centers.
- The tracking of outages and issues that occur on our broadcast
- Continually increase your knowledge of the uplink operations
and seek out opportunities where our team can provide additional
- Work with a small team of software engineers to develop and
maintain software solutions.
- Participate in design discussions, retrospectives, and empower
the team to find solutions to complex engineering challenges.
- Participate in the development, deployment, and support of
software to implement the solutions, including the on-call
rotation. Skills, Experience and Requirements A successful software
engineer will have the following:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in computer science,
computer engineering or other technical (STEM) field, or equivalent
amount of education and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to take on
difficult engineering challenges.
- Preferably 6 or more months of experience in software
development using Java, C#, Erlang or other related languages.
(including academic experience) Preferred Qualifications:
- Six months of experience in software development using Java,
C#, Erlang or other related languages.
- Experience building scalable software in a distributed, service
- The ability and discipline to write clean and highly performant
- The ability to participate in design discussions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimal direction and complete tasks
in a timely manner.
- The ability to keep abreast of technologies and paradigms and
recognize when they can benefit the business and the software
- The ability to learn and work with various languages and
platforms as needed.
- Understanding of distributed software systems, asynchronous
messaging, and RESTful Web Services.
- Working knowledge of digital broadcasting technologies like
DVB, MPEG2 or MPEG4.
- Familiarity with the agile software development methodology.
#DICE_VP #LI-VP1 Salary RangeCompensation: $48,600.00/Year -
$76,000.00/Year BenefitsFrom versatile health perks to new career
opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website
.Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, Arvada , Software Engineer - Now Hiring, IT / Software / Systems , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!