Field Service Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2023
About StrykerStryker is one of the worlds leading medical
technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to
make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services
in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and
Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.We are proud
to be named the #5 Worlds Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.comWhy customer service at
Stryker?Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by
assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As
a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you
will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team
that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
Stryker is also consistently listed as a Best Place to Work and
offers great benefits and perks like tuition reimbursement and a
wellbeing program! (*Benefits vary by country)VP4 Field Service
TechnicianBe Strykers face of service to a specified health system
or territory. Increase customer uptime through proactive product
and process support and partner with customers to drive a seamless
delivery experience. Drive efficiencies across the business to
better the Instruments Field Service Business and Service
- Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to
promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
- Responsible to live and exemplify Strykers Values: Integrity,
Accountability, People, and Performance.Functional Responsibilities
- Provide effective, proficient, and timely post-sales service,
troubleshooting and repairs, product field actions, preventative
maintenance, quality control inspections to all customers in direct
support of the sales team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction
and best-in-class service.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise in fault detection
and isolation, root cause analysis and complex repair plan
development at accounts leveraging customer information and
internal technical resources where applicable.
- Provide post-sale in-servicing and product-use support on
equipment operation and maintenance.
- Follow all administrative duties, complete all necessary
paperwork and track product support solutions, e.g. repair orders,
service request forms, product inquiries, Field Actions and part
order requisitions in a very accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Field Service Manager with development and deployment of
the training documentation, SOPs and work instructions for the
Field Service team; evaluate existing technical processes and
- Maintain an accurate inventory of Stryker equipment and parts,
verify tool calibration.
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and support to Field
Sales Representatives, internal and external customers. In
addition, highlight complex issues via phone, email and on-site, if
- Participate in the resolution of customer complaints and
- Work with technical support call center, manufacturing,
engineering, project management, inventory, purchasing and
management groups when applicable.
- Be a leader in personal performance for the field service
- Promote Strykers business by recognizing opportunities to
fulfill additional customer needs and communicating with the
appropriate Stryker personnel for follow up.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Manage schedule and resources as dictated by customer
- Be a problem-solver and drive process improvements in all
- Plan for frequent travel between hospitals in health system
and/or territory based on the priority of service requests.Conduct
- Abide by and support the policies set forth in the Stryker Code
- Understand that compliance with the Code of Conduct, as it may
be amended by Stryker Corporation from time to time, is a condition
of continued employment with Stryker.
- Conduct work in compliance with all laws, rules, and
regulations and in accordance with Strykers high ethical
- Report and violations of these policies and procedures to
Stryker management or in the manner outlined in Strykers Ethics
Hotline Policy.Blood Borne Pathogen Category A PositionKnowledge &
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and
often stressful working conditions.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Special attention to details.
- Ability to present ideas and results in a logical manner.
- Experience with highly sensitive customer interactions and an
understanding of the importance of customer relations.
- Must be self-motivated, self-reliant, and able to work with
- Must have an outstanding driving record.
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision,
mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple
functions and adhere to daily deadlines.
- Ability to exert up to 75lbs of force occasionally and/or up-to
20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
- Ability to stand and/or walking for an extended period.
- Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude
required by Stryker and our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience interpreting service bulletins, user manuals, and
other technical manuals, drawings, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, and collaboration
skills.Education & Qualifications Preferred
- Bachelors degree in a technical field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in the field of medical
equipment, operating rooms, central sterile or biomedical
- Experience in electro-mechanical equipment installations is a
plus but not required.
- Knowledge of UL/ETL/IED/FDA/TUV standards and how they apply to
product designs preferred is a plus but not required.Our
benefitsOur total rewards offering varies by country but often
includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits;
retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family
and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs;
onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs;
and service and performance awards not to mention various social
and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?Be sure to have
them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position.
Learn more about our employee referral program at
Keywords: Stryker, Arvada , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!