* Facility: UCHealth Anschutz Medical Center - Aurora, CO
* Department: Outpatient Pharmacy
* High School Diploma or GED is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality
of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the
extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest
and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the
commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients
and their families. We foster a true human connection and give
people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at
UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Come Grow With Us
Come join a rapidly growing health system as a pharmacy
technician. Entry level positions available. No pharmacy experience
As an academic medical center we can provide on the job
training. Why spend up to $11,000 on technician classes when you
can learn in an actual pharmacy.
Don't just start a new job, consider a new career in
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support
for the registered pharmacist.
* Assist with all phases of pharmacy services.
* Work with patients, providers, and insurance companies to
obtain prior authorizations.
* Answer phone calls from patients and providers in a timely
* Accurately read, interpret and enter prescriptions in a timely
manner. Route questionable prescriptions to the pharmacist for
* Prepare medication orders and deliver prescriptions according
to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Accurately type, bill and prepare prescriptions to extent
allowed by state and federal rules and regulations. Perform basic
calculations to determine doses and correct day supplies to be
billed to 3rd party insurance companies.
* Process prescription refill requests.
* Fill prescriptions for dispensing to patients.
* Dispense filled prescriptions to patients.
* Handle cash, credit, and check transactions accurately.
Reconcile cash drawers.
* File prescriptions hardcopies, reports, and other pharmacy
* Complete inventory duties as scheduled, including
* Maintain cleanliness of pharmacy work areas and work to ensure
a clutter-free work environment.
* Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives.
Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that
could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction.
Identify potential safety hazards that may create problems for
patients and/or staff, and take appropriate actions. Participate in
departmental meetings, contributing ideas or feedback.
* Understand boundaries of licensure/scope under direction of
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Promote mission, vision, and values of UCHealth.
* High School diploma or GED.
* PHAT (Pharmacy Technician) certification from the State Board
of Pharmacy is required
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent,
integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for
individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is
ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is
easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can
find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,
we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a
meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents
and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our
institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on
valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in
any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be
discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed,
color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental
or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth
does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a
disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an
undue hardship on the organization.