Company: Jefferson Wells - a ManpowerGroup Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Jefferson Wells has an opening for a Project Accountant, with
our client, in CO. This can be a remote position.
The Senior Project Accountant understands construction from
design to build-out and is able to accurately and efficiently
monitor and report on project P&L from each job, while
understanding project plan vacancies.
- Demonstrates a high-level understanding of all Project
Accounting functions and GAAP
- Monitors and control project estimates, budgets, commitments,
forecasts, and actual cost records
- Assists Finance Manager in designing, implementing, and
maintaining appropriate financial/operational procedures and
- Reviews reporting details for precision and importance
- Investigates project variances and ensure proper
- Reports on KPI's of projects to Executive level
- Month-end closing procedures including reconciliations,
reporting, and documenting
- Audit projects after job closing
- Accurately calculates Earned Revenue by Percentage of
Completion/Cost to Cost
- Reviews contracts to understand job accounting
- Assists corporate staff with other duties on an as-needed
- A key contributor to the monthly financial close process.
Generating financial statements in accordance with local and US
- Report on the financial past, present, and future performance
of projects, with a deep understanding of the drivers behind
variances including earnings, expenses, and operational
- Ensure compliance with Corporate accounting practices and
procedures and internal controls. Ensure complete compliance with
Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensuring procedures and internal
controls are in place.
- Deep understanding of the business unit's financial health and
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong industry background and the ability to understand
construction from development to build-out
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables, correctly linking and
updating files, and v-lookups
- BS Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 4+ year's Cost Accounting experience
- 2+ year's financial planning and analysis (budgeting)
experience with the ability to review data and concisely write
variance analysis explanations.
Keywords: Jefferson Wells - a ManpowerGroup Company, Arvada , Project Accountant, Other , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!