Supervisor, Dining Services - FULL TIME
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Responsible for providing
a quality dining experience by greeting and seating residents and
guests, overseeing dining services staff in the absence of the
Manager and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment.
May be required to supervise other staff positions.
- Assists Manager with daily supervision of dining services
- Ensures smooth and timely opening and closing of the dining
room. Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and
properly. Ensures meals are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
Maintains a pleasant and clean environment. Inspects work to ensure
- Adheres to all safety and sanitation standards.
- Plans daily menu for residents in accordance with company
standards and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring proper staffing coverage for each shift
including making changes due to absences.
- Works with Dining Room Manager to produce weekly schedules with
budgetary guidelines for service staff.
- Assists service staff during mealtime as needed. Assists in
greeting and seating residents and guests. Assists in resident
billing of food services charges.
- Oversees staff in absence of Manager. Provides supervision for
- In consultation with the Director, Dining Services, hires,
trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees in
accordance with company policy.
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as with other departments
within facility to assure that food service is properly maintained
and meets the needs of the residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one year certificate from
college or technical school preferred. Minimum of one to two years
related experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain/hold any local,
state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Must have outgoing and cheerful personality and be energetic,
friendly, and organized. Must enjoy working with older adults and
be capable of walking and standing for long periods of time.
Ability to read and write English; ability to communicate with
residents and other employees; ability to follow oral and written
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Arvada , Supervisor, Dining Services - FULL TIME, Other , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!