Reservation Sales Agent - Summer & Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are: At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits: Theres more than a free
season pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter
Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our
team, youll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are
available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include:
- Provide personal, responsive, and professional service to all
guests in selling all aspects of guests reservations in the Winter
Park area, year round, including lodging, ground transportation,
rental equipment, lessons, lift tickets, trip insurance, and other
products as they become available.
- Provide information, answer questions, manage changes to
itineraries, handle complaints and assist each guest regarding
activities, tickets, lift and trail access, and general information
about the Winter Park/Fraser area with an eye to closing sales and
upselling to the visiting vacationer.
- Participates in outbound sales campaigns. This to include
focused outbound programs for products and services as well as
follow up on quotes and upsell opportunities. The Reservation Sales
Agent will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all
applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and
sanitation codes. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Answer telephone in a timely fashion, answer questions, make
reservations, and manage changes and cancellations to existing
reservations in a friendly, professional manner.
- As assigned, respond to e-mail requests for new reservations
- Determine client needs using active listening skills and needs
determination questions provide information and available options
for client to make an informed decision regarding vacation
- Research and source information for lodging, activities, and
transportation based on client request and preferred location.
- Effectively use upselling and cross-selling techniques to
enhance client experience.
- Accurately inform guest of reservation details such as lodging
descriptions, rates, locations, deposit, cancellation policies, and
- Accurately and thoroughly input and record reservation
- Operation of several software programs; accuracy with
keyboarding, clarity of communication with guests and
- Participate in ongoing training on systems used in the Call
Center and products/promotions.
- Maintain current and updated information on all WP Call Center
and Resort policies, packages, and area activities.
- Outbound calling and e-mailing to convert quotes and upsell
- Maintain current knowledge of weather and snow conditions,
Resort general information, Resort products & promotions, lodging
packages, Resort & local events special events.
- Participate in specific outbound sales campaigns as
- Engage in first phase of problem resolution regarding client
- Participate in property tours to fully understand and
experience the variety of offerings available to our guests.
- Align with the Winter Park Resort Mission Statement and Core
Values. This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education: High School diploma
or GED Experience:
- Minimum one season experience with mountain resort, travel
industry systems and procedures and Winter Park Vacation products
- Experience working in fast-paced environment desired
- Experience in Guest Services and basic sales techniques,
including needs determination, closing sales and upsell.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 18 years of age or older required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer
- Valid Colorado Drivers License desired PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position may be required to work evenings,
weekends and holidays. Office Environment:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED: This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. hourly pay range: $16.00 - $18.00 per
hour AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of
employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees
on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or
any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park
Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals
with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation,
discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at will relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Arvada , Reservation Sales Agent - Summer & Winter Season, Sales , Arvada, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!